140,000 BTU heater for homes with up to 2 bathrooms for natural gas
plus Through-Roof Vent Kit
The 45HI is the indoor equivalent of the 45H Eccotemp outdoor tankless water heater. It is designed to provide hot water to standard three bedroom, two bathroom homes. The 45HI-NG is for indoor Natural Gas installations only. For Liquid Propane applications, please see the 45HI-LP.
All the basic venting pieces for a standard vertical to roof installation are included.
Rated at an impressive 6.8 GPM, the 45HI is adaptable to split systems, which can further increase hot water delivery speed and efficiency. The 45HI is the ideal choice for standard sized homes, thanks to its fully automated control system.
• Natural gas powered
• 110 volt UL listed power cord
• 10 year warranty on heat exchanger. 5 year warranty on parts.
• CSA certified for use in Canada and USA
• Power vented: includes internal exhaust fan
• Integrated freeze protection (Will not prevent freezing in all conditions. See manual.)
• Optional: Digital remote with diagnostics and simple controls
• Water/gas connections: 3/4 inch water inlet/outlet, gas inlet
• Venting: 4"
• Flow Rate:
→ 35 degree rise: 6.8 GPM
→ 50 degree rise: 5.0 GPM
→ 70 degree rise: 3.4 GPM
• Minimum gas rate: 19,800 BTUs
• Maximum gas rate: 140,000 BTUs
• Weight: 39 lbs
• Dimensions: 22" x 15" x 6"
• Energy rating: 82%
• Energy Factor: 0.80
• Hot water capacity: 1.2 - 6.8 GPM
• Minimum water pressure: 14 psi
• Minimum water flow rate: 0.75 GPM
• Power requirements: 120V AC, 60Hz, 2 Amps
Download here the Use & care manual.
Included: Vertical Vent Kit with 4" Diameter Single Walled Stainless Steel
Made by Z-Flex Z-Vent with lifetime warranty. Includes all the basic components for a quick and easy installation.
Your installation will probably require additional Z-Vent pieces to reach your ceiling and roof, as follows:
≈ Determine how many additional feet to reach the roof. Buy that length of straight pipe.
≈ Condensation drain pipe may be required depending on your water heater manual guidelines and building code.
Please contact us if you need to buy additional Z-Vent parts or assistance, or browse our Venting section at the top of this web page.
Note: this heater allows for a maximum vent run of 20 feet, subtracting 4 feet for each 90° elbow in the run.
- qty 1 4" diameter Universal Appliance Adapter
- qty 1 4" backflow preventer (included in the UAA above)
- qty 1 4" Vertical drain pipe
- qty 1 4" adjustable roof flashing. Unless you specify differently, we will ship the normal 30° roof slope flashing.
- qty 1 4" top support, storm collar
- qty 1 4" rain cap
The stainless steel is AL-294C alloy, made in USA, with a lifetime warranty from Z-Flex, and is Category II/III and UL approved.
Frequently Asked Question ("FAQ")
Q1: What is the difference between the 40H and the 45H?
A1: The 45HI has a lower turn-on flow rate of 0.8 GPM, is smaller and lighter, and has updated self-diagnostics. The 45HI maintains the same connections and water heating capacity as the 40H.
Q2: Can I convert this from natural gas to propane?
A2: No, sorry, according to Eccotemp.