Eccotemp i12-NG Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
Eccotemp created the i12-NG Natural Gas powered water heater with top-of-class design. It is unique among tankless water heaters on the market today. The exterior case is made of black Gorilla Glass. You can control the temperature with the touch screen, which has an LCD output temperature and gallons per minute ("GPM") flow display.
This bundle with vent kit makes it quick and easy to get hot water for vacation cabins, cottages and homes with limited simultaneous points of use. Calculate your flow rate and temp rise to ensure it will work for you.
The i12-NG digital display control functions and the internal exhaust fan are powered by the 120 volt UL listed power cord, using only 2 watts while in idle, standby mode, and 1.07 Amps during operation. This makes it a super energy efficient appliance.
Water temperature heating delta/increase capability:
≈ 35°F to 40°F at a flow rate of 3 GPM
≈ 77°F at a flow rate of 1.5 GPM
Download Eccotemp i12 Manual
- Gorilla Glass casing
- Child lock controls
- Fully automatic temperature controls
- LCD temperature display
- Power vented for safety and efficiency
- Tested safe electronic ignition
- Stainless vent kit included (2.5" not 3"): 18" termination pipe, wall thimble, and 90 degree elbow with backflow preventer
- Uses gas only when hot water tap is on and flowing
- Includes 5-foot power cord with plug
- UL Listed electrical components
- TEN year warranty on heat exchanger in residences; two years in commercial installations. FIVE year warranty on parts. For warranty replacement shipping within 30 days, Eccotemp pays shipping both ways. After 30 days, Eccotemp pays for shipping to customer.
- 1/2" NPT water connection
- 1/2" gas connection plus 1/2" to 3/4" adapter included
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Dimensions: 15" W x 24" H x 4" D
- Requires standard 120 volt electric outlet with a breaker size of at least 2 amps.
- Minimum gas rate of use: 25,000 BTUs
- Maximum gas rate of use: 80,000 BTUs
- Energy efficiency rating: 85%
- Minimum water pressure of 14 psi. Minimum water flow rate of 0.75 GPM.
- Minimum Inlet Gas Pressure: 4” W.C. (1Kpa)
- Maximum Inlet Gas Pressure: 10.5'' W.C. (2.61Kpa)
- Manifold Pressure: 3.05'' W.C. (0.76Kpa)
- Hot water capacity range: 0.6 to 4.8 GPM
- Heat exchanger material: copper
- Maximum operating temperature: 140°F. Control panel temperature range: 90°F to 140°F
Elevation: The i12 has been field tested to operate at elevations up to 5500 feet. For each additional 1000 feet, there is a 10% efficiency loss.
NOTE: The manual for units shipped before August 2017, including PDF versions found on the web, incorrectly states the following: "Ratings of gas appliances are based on sea level operation and need not be changed for installations at elevations up to 2,000 feet. Unit not recommended for elevations in excess of 2,000 feet". This is incorrect.
Operate well water systems at a range of 50 to 60 PSI.
The maximum recommended incoming water temperature is 80°F, and is not recommeded for recirculation applications. Instead, consider an electric tankless water heater.
Frequently Asked Question ("FAQ")
Q: Is the heated output water potable (drinkable)?
A: Yes! Eccotemp has tested the heated output water as acceptable according to water safety standards.