Get more venting options out of the box.
The Rinnai Ultra Series line delivers technological leadership and innovation in condensing tankless water heating design. It provides homeowners with an endless hot water, environmental benefits, energy savings, a space saving design. It offers easy installation now with even more venting options out of the box. Rinnai, being the only manufacturer to offer both twin-pipe and concentric PVC venting, no adaptor is required to for both venting options with any installation. One unit, two venting options. In one project to the next, the RUC line of Ultra Series Water Heaters gives you the freedom, right out of the box.
• Earth-friendly technology produces creates less CO2 emissions which contribute to a healthier environment and cleaner air.
• Delivers a continuous supply of hot water wherever and whenever it's needed - simultaneously to multiple faucets and showers.
• Rinnai is the only manufacturer that offers both PVC and concentric venting, for more flexibility out of the box saving you money, time with the best flexibility to finish the job quickly.
• As small as a carry-on suitcase, its space-saving design allows installation almost anywhere.
• Includes FREE hot and cold water Isolation Valve Kit
Width: 18.5 inches, Height: 26 inches, Depth: 10 inches
61.7 lbs / 28.0 kg
|Minimum/Maximum Gas Range
15,200 - 152,000 Natural Gas and Propane
||Residential: 98°F - 140°F with MC-91-2US
Commercial: 98°F - 185°F with MCC-91-2US
|Approved Gas Types
|Minimum Activation Rate
|Flow Rate vs. Temperature Rise
70°F at 4.2 GPM. 50°F at 5.9 GPM
|Hot Water Flow Rate Range
0.26 to 8.0 GPM
MCC-91-2US (optional for Commercial or Hydronic Applications)
MC-100V-1US Deluxe Controller (optional)
BC-100V-1US Bathroom Controller (optional)
|Ultra Low NOx
||Limited 12 years on heat exchanger, 5 years on parts, 1 year on labor (5 years optional on labor)
||Limited 5 years on heat exchanger, 5 years on parts, 1 year on labor (2 years optional on labor)
|Circ-Logic Compatible (P/N)
|Mobile Home Certified
|High Altitude Approved
||Up to 10,200 ft.
||AHRI, CSA, NSF, Energy Star
• Comprehensive brochure
• Ultra series brochure
• Installation and operation manual
Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQ")
Q1: Can this heater be used with 1/2" pipe?
A1: The normal connection for both gas and water supply is 3/4" MNPT. For gas, you can use other pipe sizes as long as you maintain between 8" and 13.5" of water column. For water, you can use other pipe sizes; but since that will affect your flow rate, your output water temperature will be different from the calculations shown with 3/4" MNPT.
Q2:What is the difference between this model, the RUc80iP and the older RU80iP?
A2: There is only one difference. With the RUc80iP, Rinnai added a PVC adapter at the vent opening. Otherwise the units are identical.
Rinnai® is a registered trademark of Rinnai Corporation. GadgetsGo is not associated with or sponsored by Rinnai Corporation.