The Eccotemp FVI12-LP tankless hot water heater is a liquid propane powered indoor heater designed specifically for small to medium hot water production in environments that require more than one hot water application simultaneously. It is perfect for cottages, vacation cabins, and smaller homes.
The Eccotemp FVI12-LP tankless heater comes with a ready-to-install horizontal stainless steel vent kit. The 120V UL listed power cord provides powers the digital display and internal exhaust fan. It only consumes about 2 watts in standby mode and 1.07 Amps while operating, making it the ideal choice when energy conservation is important.
• Liquid propane powered
• Sleek, contemporary design
• Manual temperature control
• Efficient and safe power ventilation
• Includes the 2.5" stainless steel venting kit shown in the pics above and to the left. Pieces are 18" termination pipe, wall thimble, and 90 degree elbow with backflow preventer.
• Tested-safe electronic ignition system
• Precise water flow and temperature adjustment
• Fully independent water and gas controls
• Uses gas only when water is flowing through the hot water line
• Freeze protection protects the heater's internal components from freezing when plugged in. (No protection for external valves and pipes.)
• Dimensions: 15" x 24" x 4"
• Weight: 33 pounds
• 1/2" NPT water and gas fittings
• 74,000 BTU
• DOE Energy Factor of 79%
• Maximum water flow rate is 4 GPM
• 45 degrees F temperature rise at a flow rate of 4 GPM. 77 degrees F temperature rise at 2.3 GPM
• Max operating temperature is 140°F.
• Digital temperature display
• Copper heat exchanger
• Includes a grounded electrical plug for standard 120V electric outlet. Frequency: 60Hz. Amps: 2.0.
• Minimum recommended operating PSI is 14. The recommended PSI is 14 + pipe pressure loss + shower/faucet pressure loss + 5 PSI safety margin. These values are for pressure at the heater. To supply hot water to upper floors, add 0.44 PSI per foot.
• UL listed electrical components
• CSA certification
• 2-year warranty
Click here for Installation Use and Care Manual
Frequently Asked Question ("FAQ")
Q1: Is the heated output water potable (drinkable)?
A1: Yes! Eccotemp has tested the heated output water as acceptable according to water safety standards.
Q2: What is the maximum recommended altitude?
A2: Eccotemp stated in 2018 that the FVI12-LP has been tested to operate at 5500 feet. The manual which was published before 2018 states that the maximum recommended elevation is 3000 feet. As altitude increases, gas appliances normally have a fuel efficiency loss (derating), and the fuel-to-air ratio changes with less oxygen in the air.