The iHeat HS-4 is a feature-rich tankless water heater intended for point-of-use applications such as under-sink, booster, or very low-flow rate showers in warm climates. Use in boats, apartments, hospitals, condos, cabins, studios, clinics, schools and pool houses.
High-performance, small-package features
• IXP4 Water proof enclosure, allows for under-counter installations.
• Flow sensor activated
• No stand-by heat loss compared to tank water heaters
• Saves up to 50% on energy consumption with the 99% EF
• No wating for heated water. Heats water instantly and never runs out of heated water.
• High limit safety temperature switch. Easily resets manually.
• Horizontal pipe design eliminates air from water line (no dry firing to damage elements)
• Temperature display rotates with a touch of the button for upside down installation and easy to use temperature zones.
• Set the temperature from 80°F to 129°F. Output temperature is not guaranteed, and depends on flow rate and incoming water temperature. Display shows the temperature setting and actual water output temperature while water is flowing.
• Conveniently includes connected conduit wire for easier electrical installation
• Incoloy field-replaceable heating elements. Resists hard water and sediment build up.
• Closed Loop Modulation™ measures water flow, inlet and outlet water temperatures 60 times per second to ensure precise temperature constantly
• Outlet pipe reduced to meet minimum delta Δ temp rise.
• Can be connected to a hot water feed or cold water feed, making it ideal for booster applications
• Heat exchanger: 5 years
• Internal Components: 3 years
• Heating Elements: 1 year
Tank vs. Tankless Heaters
||40 Gallon Tank
|| Tankless Heater
|Hot Water Supply
|| 70% of Capacity
|Kilowatt Usage / Yr.
| 12 Month Operation Cost
||11" x 6.5" x 3"
||Brushed 304 Stainless Steel, IXP4 water proof
||ASTM 304 Stainless Steel
||One 1.5" Brass Plug / Incoloy
|Activation flow rate
||0.33 gallons per minute
||25 to 150 PSI
||UL-499, CSA, NSF.372 Lead Free
||Temperature in °F at given flow rates
|HS-4 (this page)
Frequently Asked Question ("FAQ")
Q: If the power goes out, will I need to reset my output temperature setting?