The iHeat HS-7 is a feature-rich tankless water heater intended for point-of-use applications such as under-sink, booster, or very low-flow rate showers in warm climates. Use in boats, apartments, hospitals, condos, cabins, studios, clinics, schools and pool houses.
High-performance, small-package features
• IXP4 Waterproof enclosure allows for under-counter installations.
• Temperature display rotates with a touch of the button for upside down installation and easy to use temperature zones.
• Outlet pipe reduced to meet minimum delta Δ temp rise.
• Can be connected to a hot water feed or cold water feed, making it ideal for booster applications
• Heat exchanger: 5 years
• Internal Components: 3 years
• Heating Elements: 1 year
Tank vs. Tankless Heaters
|Descriptions||40 Gallon Tank||Tankless Heater|
|Estimated Lifespan||10 Years||20 Years|
|Energy Efficiency||0.85 EF||0.99 EF|
|Hot Water Supply||70% of Capacity||Endless Supply|
|Kilowatt Usage / Yr.||4857 Kw/Hrs.||2618 Kw/Hrs.|
|Standby Loss||20%||No Loss|
|12 Month Operation Cost||$556.00||$309.00|
|Dimensions||11" x 6.5" x 3"|
|Cover||Brushed 304 Stainless Steel, IXP4 water proof|
|Body/Heat Exchanger||ASTM 304 Stainless Steel|
|Element||One 1.5" Brass Plug / Incoloy|
|Pipe fittings||1/2" NPT|
|Activation flow rate||0.33 gallons per minute|
|Operation Pressure||25 to 150 PSI|
|Certifications||UL-499, CSA, NSF.372 Lead Free|
|Temperature in °F at given flow rates|
|HS-7 (this page)||7||240V||29||30||50/60||10-2||Single||95||71||48||31|
Frequently Asked Question ("FAQ")
Q: If the power goes out, will I need to reset my output temperature setting?