HE 80240 8kW Replacement Heater Element for Tankless Water Heaters
8000 watt at 240 volts heating element for the EcoSmart ECO 24 tankless water heater. Also compatible with other manufacturers' heating elements with the same specs. Partial list:
≈ iHeat/Drakken AHS24D, AH24
≈ Eemax HA024240, PR024240, EEM24024
≈ Rheem RTEX-24, RETEX-24
≈ Richmond RMTEX-24
All the above listed 24kW heaters use three elements.
• O-Ring included
• Voltage rating: 220 to 240 Volts
• Power rating is 8000 Watts at 240V
• Plug type: Screw-in
• Sheath material: Copper clad or Zinc-plated copper clad
• Density is for high wattage
• Length of the copper anode element material: 13 inches (NOT including the brass threads)
• Length from end of brass plug with threads to end of element "U" turn: 13.5 inches (including the brass threads)
• Length of the entire item, from the screws at bottom of plastic plug to the end of element "U" turn: 14.25 inches
• Weight of item not including packaging: 15.2 ounces
• Certifications and approvals: UL, CSA
Element may be either copper only, or zinc-plated copper for superior corrosion resistance. Scale and corrosion are a common cause of failure for copper heating elements. Here is some helpful information about zinc plating: https://www.sharrettsplating.com/blog/corrosion-resistance-of-zinc-plating/. Zinc plated elements appear to be stainless steel but are not.
Zinc-plated copper elements are made in USA and are slightly shorter with no difference in performance. Copper elements are made in China.
GadgetsGo is one of the first Authorized EcoSmart Dealers, since 2009.