Get an efficient, high performance condensing tankless water heater for limitless hot water.
Navien Condensing Tankless Gas Water Heaters provide an unending supply of hot water to meet your family's need for constant, hot, soothing water.
Ultra Condensing Efficiency
→ Navien's Condensing Technology allows high efficiency heating
→ Significant energy savings over traditional water heaters
Dual Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers
→ Longer life expectancy than copper heat exchangers. More resistant to corrosion
→ Less mineral scaling and deposits
Low NOx Emissions
→ New metal fiber burner delivers a consistent gas/air mixture
→ Less greenhouse gas emissions and acid rain
→ SCAQMD 1146.2 compliant
2" PVC, CPVC, Polypropylene Venting
→ 2" vent allows you to install a flue through an existing vent
→ 3" vent can be used up to 150' on standard 2" x 3" adapters
Uses Existing 1/2" Gas Line
→ Dual venturi fan and negative pressure gas valve for better adaptability with low gas pressure
→ NPE installation in 1/2" gas lines up to 24 feet
→ NPE models allow easy conversion from/to natural gas and liquid propane
Less Water Pressure Drop
→ Simple, modular water path minimizes water pressure drops
→ Modular water path design makes maintenance and servicing easier
Navien's Ready Link System is an efficient solution to large hot water applications.
With easy venting and installation, any number of Navien Water Heaters can be configured as a single system.
• Abundant Hot Water Supply
Up to 16 units can be linked as a single group and several groups can be linked into one system.
• Energy Saving
Featuring the industry's most efficient multi-unit water heating system with the exceptional efficiency rating of 0.96DOE.
• Easy Wiring Connection
Simple wiring without complex controllers and communication cables.
• Easy Venting
Built in air pressure sensor for longer vents.
• Low Maintenance Cost
Even if a unit fails in the system, the rest will operate normally without any problems.
• Full Modulation System
Every unit activates individually as the demand hot water increases.
Intelligent Remote Control
• Easy-to-Use button type control
• Touch activated backlight function
• Included with all Navien Tankless Water Heaters
• Built-in recirculation timer increases water and energy savings
• Temperature adjustment in 1°F increments from 98 to 120°F
• Key-pad lock button will prevent accidental temperature changes
• Advanced water heater diagnosis with error feedback
|Heat Capacity NG/LP||15,000-150,000 BTU/h||17,000 - 180,000 BTU/h||17,000 - 199,900 BTU/h|
|Energy Factor NG||0.96||0.95|
|Energy Factor LP||0.97|
|Weight||77 lbs||86 lbs|
|Installation Type||Indoor or Outdoor Wall-Hung|
|Venting Type||Direct Vent|
|Water Pressure||15-150 PSI|
|Natural Gas Supply Pressure (from source)||6.0" W.C. - 10.5" W.C.||5.0" W.C. - 10.5" W.C.|
|Propane Gas Supply Pressure (from source)||9.0" W.C. - 13.5" W.C.||8.0" W.C. - 13.5" W.C.|
|Minimum Flow Rate to activate Water Heater||0.5 GPM|
|Cold Water Inlet||3/4" NPT|
|Hot Water Outlet||3/4" NPT|
|Gas Inlet||3/4" NPT|
|Main Power Supply||120VAC, 60Hz 200W (max 2A)|
|Heat Exchangers||Stainless Steel|
|Exhaust Vent (ø3”)||SCH 40 3" PVC, 3"Polypropylene, SCH 80 3" CPVC|
|Intake Vent (ø3”)||PVC, Flex Aluminum, Flex Stainless Steel, ABS|
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1: I would like to buy this Navien heater to replace another water heater that uses metal vent pipe. I read the manual that describes various PVC products to use for venting. The manual does not state that metal should not be used. Are there any performance issues if I use my metal exhaust vent pipe and not the PVC type pipe?
A1: Yes, the reason for using PVC versus metal is for energy efficiency. Navien recommends using PVC because the NPE and NR heaters are condensing type heaters. Using PVC provides the maximum condensing function. The Navien heaters will run more efficiently with PVC.
Yes, you could use your metal venting instead of PVC; the heater will still work safely. Alternatively, you could install the PVC inside the metal venting, using the metal venting as a chase (like a conduit).
Q2: What are the differences between the NPE series and the NR series heaters?
* Efficiency is slightly higher on the NPE.
* NPE has a front panel display where you can change the temperature as well as see diagnostic messages. On the NR, temperature changes can only be done with the remote control or inside the unit.
* The gas valve on the NPE is negative pressure. On the NR it is positive pressure, which relies on the pressure of the gas line.
* The gas connection on NPE is on the left. On the NR it is on the right.
* NR has 3" exhaust and intake venting. The NPE has 2" exhaust and intake venting. Conversion from 3" to 2" can be done with a common 3" to 2" reducer here http://gadgetsgo.com/Charlotte-Pipe-3-2-PVC-DWV-Coupling-PDWVRMK-PVC00102.html. Both the NR and NPE use Schedule 40 PVC.
* NR dimensions: 17.0 W x 28.0 H 14" D
* NPE dimensions: 17.3 W x 27.4" H 11.4" D
* The NPE series has many more improvements over the NR series.
Installation Help and Recommendations
We recommend that you have a professional tankless water heater installer review the above recommendations. Improper installation may cause loss of life and/or property.
Need an installer? Get 4 FREE Tankless Water Heater Installation Estimates Now. It's Quick and Easy!
Contractors: Get Targeted Consumer Leads in Your Area Now.
Contractors: Apply for Wholesale Pricing from GadgetsGo.com.
Alternate model number spelling: NR240A
Consumer purchases through the internet or other e-commerce channels shall void Navien's warranty. As with all products we sell, all Navien products we sell are brand new, recently manufactured ("factory fresh"). We guarantee delivery in perfect condition to our customers.
The NAVIEN, KD NAVIEN, ComfortFlow, Ready-Link, and NaviLink trademarks are the property of Navien America, Inc. and/or KyungDong Navien. Navien is not affiliated with and does not sponsor, endorse or warranty/support GadgetsGo.com or products on this website.