The 40XL automatic pressure and temperature relief valve is used in commercial water heating applications to provide automatic pressure and temperature protection to hot water heaters and hot water supply tanks. It has an extension thermostat for installation in hot water outlets.
This valve is also equivalent to Rheem p/n SP9013D.
Note: This valve does not adhere to the 2014 Lead Free Act. It should not be used with potable water applications.
• Corrosion resistant
• Factory set at 150 PSI
• ASME rated and CSA listed
• Tamper-resistant bonnet screws
• Bronze body with NPT connections
• Automatic reseating with test lever
• Temperature relief setting of 210 °F (99 °C)
• Unique thermostat with special thermo-bonded coating
• No epoxy-coated probes and gaskets to prevent corrosion buildup