HA-P005 9kW Replacement Heater Element for Tankless Water Heaters
9000 watt at 240 volts heating element for several Eemax electric tankless water heaters, including:
≈ Eemax PR018240, PR027240, PR036240
≈ Eemax PA018240, PA027240, PA036240
≈ Eemax EEM24018, EEM24027, EEM24036
≈ Eemax ProSeries XTP XTP016480, XTP018208, XTP020480, XTP024208, XTP024480, XTP027480, XTP032208, XTP036480, XTP048480, XTP054480 (yes, including the 480 volt models)
Also compatible with other manufacturers' heating elements with the same specs. Partial list:
≈ iHeat/Drakken AHS27D, AHS18D, AH27, AH18
≈ Rheem RTEX-18, RTEX-27, RTEX-36
≈ Rheem RETEX-18, RETEX-27, RETEX-36
If your heater is 18kW, then it uses two elements. If your heater is 27kW, then it uses three elements. If your heater is 36kW, then it uses four elements.
It is possible to use the 9kW elements in the HA024240, PR024240 and EEM24024. The will safely operate at 8kW.
Part numbers on plug: R004709024S and SGB-2903
• O-Ring included.
• Voltage rating: 220 to 240 Volts
• Power rating is 9000 Watts at 240V
• Plug type: Screw-in
• Sheath material: Choose either copper clad or zinc-plated copper clad in the menu above.
• Density is for high wattage
• Length of the copper anode element material: 13.0 inches (NOT including the brass threads)
• Length from end of brass plug with threads to end of element "U" turn: 13 7/16 inches (including the brass threads)
• Length of the entire item, from the screws at bottom of plastic plug to the end of element "U" turn: 14 3/16 inches
• Weight of item not including packaging: 15.2 ounces
• Certifications and approvals: UL, CSA
Element can be ordered with either of the following options: copper only, or zinc-plated copper for superior corrosion resistance. Scale and corrosion are a common cause of failure for copper heating elements. Zinc plated elements typically last longer than copper only elements. Here is some helpful information about zinc plating: https://www.sharrettsplating.com/blog/corrosion-resistance-of-zinc-plating/. Zinc plated elements appear to be stainless steel but are not.
Alternate item number variation: HAP005