The Exact Tools PipeCut 280 PRO is the portable, all-purpose pipe cutter that professionals use.
NEW model shipping in 2019
New, upgraded features
• Most powerful Exact 2200 Watt motor yet
• New digital control protects the motor from overload
• Intuitive warning indicator lights to alert the saw operator
• Laser guide for precise cutting
• Improved adjustment system for straight cutting
• Superior quality meeting EU standards
• Increased ability to cut thicker pipe walls: Thickness up to 0.8"
• Optional vacuum attachment to remove debris while cutting
Exact pipe cutters are specially designed for professional use
All Exact pipe cutters are easy to carry, lightweight, and operate on-site. They can cut steel, plastic, copper, cast-iron, and multi-layer pipes. The Exact pipe system cuts straight and clean which is important for welding pipes. Exact saws are not only precise, they are also incredibly fast. Cutting a pipe with a 1/8" wall and 6" diameter takes less than 20 seconds.
The PipeCut 280 PRO features include automatic overload protection, two-stage motor speed control, constant torque, and soft start. It cuts easily through the toughest cast iron pipe. It was designed and constructed to withstand even the most demanding conditions.
|Pipe Ø (OD) and range of use||40.6 mm to 279.4 mm (1.6"- 11")|
|Maximum pipe wall thickness||12.7 mm (0.5") for steel. 50.8 mm (2") for plastic|
|Cuts the following pipe materials||Steel, copper, cast iron, stainless steel, acid-resistant steel, multi-layered materials and all plastics
NOTE: TCT 165 blade included with saw is only for non-stainless steel, copper, plastic and aluminum
|Voltage / Current (N. America, UK, UAE)||110V to 120V / 15A|
|Voltage / Power (Europe, et al.)
Special order option)
|220 to 240V / 2500W|
|No-Load speed||I=1900 revolutions per minute. II=2850 revolutions per minute.|
|Blade diameter||165mm (6.50")|
|Mounting bore||62mm (2.44")|
|Weight||15.4 kg (34 lbs)|
|Electronics||Blade speed preselection, automatic fuse, soft start, torque control|
|Speed preselection||I = Stainless steel and acid-resistant steel, II = all other materials|
|Loading capacity of supports||465 kg, 1025 lb (3 supports)|
• PipeCut Bag
• TCT 165 blade (included on saw)
• Operating instructions
• Pipe Support 280 Double and 2x 280 Single
• Exact PipeCut 280 PRO pipe saw
• 5 mm and 2 mm hex socket key (fitted)
• DVD video disc including instructions
Blade information for Exact PipeCut saws
PipeCut 280 PRO speed control recommendations
Frequently Asked Question ("FAQ")
Q1: What is the difference between the 280 PRO and discontinued 280E?
A1: * The 280 PRO can cut thicker pipe: 0.8 inches versus 0.4 inches with the 280E.
* The 280 PRO has a more powerful saw motor
* The 280 PRO has a laser guide, while the 280E did not.
* The 280 PRO has a redesigned pipe and position adjustment mechanism.
* The 280 PRO added programming to prevent motor overload.
Q2: I see there are two voltages listed in the specs: 110V and 230V. Does one unit switch between the voltages as needed, like a switching power supply?
A2: No, it does not have both voltages in one unit. There are two voltage versions of the 280 PRO, one with 110/120V AC and one with 220V-240V AC. The 110V version is available for immediate shipment. Please contact us if you require the 220-240V version.
Q3: Can this cut 2" carbon steel pipe that is running vertically and can't be pulled away from the wall? I need to cut the pipe in place.
A3: With all PipeCut models, the minimum distance between the pipe and the wall is 8 inches. That much distance allows the saw to cut all the way around the pipe. Another solution is to cut through the majority of the pipe with the PipeCut and then quickly finish the small remaining portion with a reciprocating saw. That way, the cut would continue to be straight and quick.
Q4: Do you have to use Exact brand cutting blades only or can I use other brands of blades?
A4: Exact PipeCut saws require a 62mm arbor. We are not aware of any other blades with this size fitment.